Best Mountain Bikes Under 300 Dollars
Mountain bike market is inundated with a wide variety of selections. So, purchasing the best mountain bikes under 300 dollars is the biggest question for every mountain bikers. However, your purchasing decision can be narrowed down to five important factors. If you follow these factors carefully,you can purchase good mountain bikes under 300 dollars. Type of mountain bike can vary according to terrain, style of the rider, enjoyment level, etc. Bike frame, materials used for manufacturing bike frames, etc are the other major considerations.
You cannot find a mountain bike that is fit to all. The sizes and shapes of mountain bikers as well as the bikes are different. Prices of mountain bikes also vary on the basis of materials used for manufacturing them.
Thus, each bike offers different features. A mountain bike can cost a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. You can consider the following factors if you want to purchase,
Comparison Table of Best Mountain Bike Under 300 Dollars :
B. Things To Consider 2: Frame Materials
Frame material has greater role in determining the price of a mountain bike. Durable and lighter metals will be costlier than durable and heavier materials.
- Steel: Most common materials used for making bikes in the past are steel. Though strong, steel is very heavy as well. Bikes with heavy steel frames are difficult to transport and maneuver.
- Aluminum: Mid-range bike frames are made by using aluminum alloy or aluminum. Aluminum bike frame is affordable and it is very strong, lightweight and relatively inexpensive. Aluminum tube frames can make bumpy trail riding more comfortable.
- Titanium: Mountain bikes come with titanium frames are most top-of-the-line and highly durable. However, titanium is notoriously difficult to handle. Poor welding work is the drawback of titanium frames. You must be very careful while selecting mountain bikes with titanium frames.
- Carbon: Quality and price of carbon fiber bike frames are very high. Due to intense mountain biking, wear and tear can be aggressive. Though extremely difficult, they can snap or split entirely. You can consider a mountain bike with metal frame if you are a heavier, bigger mountain biker.
C. Things To Consider 3: Features of a Mountain Bike
You must consider numerous aspects of mountain bikes when you make your purchasing decision. Purchasing a bike with certain features is the best way to save your money. You can upgrade some of the features when you become more experienced. Major features of a mountain bike are:
- Breaks: Mountain bikes come with both rim brakes and disc brakes, but both have advantages and limitations. In latest technology, disc brake can provide a stronger shopping force. However, they are more expensive than bikes with rim brakes.
- Suspension: Mountain bikes come with front suspension, rear suspension or both. More substantial suspension system is required for jumping, bumpy trail riding and more aggressive biking. You can select the suspension based on the aggressiveness of your ride.
- Wheels: Wheels of a mountain bike consist of various aspects such as spoke, hub material, width and more. All these factors must be considered when you purchase a mountain bike. You must also consider comfort, preferences and your riding style.
- Shifting System: It depends on how you change the gears while riding. Thumb shifters, paddle shifters, twist shifters, and trigger shifters have different types of shifting system. Benefits of each type must be considered while purchasing a mountain bike.
- Saddle: Before purchasing a mountain bike, you should examine different types of seats. Test ride must be conducted for finding the bike that provides you maximum comfort during long and bumpy rides.
D. Things To Consider 4: Size Considerations
You can select the right frame size according to your height. You should always consider wheel size along with frame size while purchasing the right bike.
• If your height is 4.10” to 5.3”, then the frame size should be 13 to 15 inches
• Your height: 5.3” to 5.7” - Frame size: 15 to 17 inches
• Your height : 5.7” to 5.11” - Frame size : 17 to 19 inches
• Your height : 5.11” to 6.2” - Frame size : 19 to 21 inches
• Your height 6.2” to 6.4” - Frame size : 21 to 23 inches
• Your height 6.4” or above : Frame size: 23 inches or above
E. Price of a Mountain Bike
Price of a mountain bike varies widely. You can purchase a mountain bike from as low as $200 to more than $10,000. Whatever amount you are going to pay,
you must ensure that you are getting according to your payment.
Usually, more expensive bikes are manufactured by using high quality, durable, more lightweight parts. Before beginning your search, you must decide how much you can spend for a bike.
Best Mountain Bikes Under 300 Dollars:
2. Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension
Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension offers lots of benefits for a typical mountain biker. Aluminum suspension frame makes this bike lighter, sturdier and cooler. However, it has big frame size, so it is ideal for riders who are 68 inches or higher.
Mongoose Impasse is equipped with dual suspension, thus it can absorb shocks better, improve controls and reduce fatigue.
Though the bike has dual suspension, it is mainly used for light or normal off-riding because the front fork of this bike is only a spring tube without pneumatic or hydraulic dampening.
Suspension is designed to reduce the price. Even still, it can provide you a good experience for occasionally bumpy ride.
Safety is the other impressive feature of Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension. It comes with both rear and front disc brakes for great stopping power. Thus, the riders can slow their bike down even when they ride very fast. Mongoose Impasse offers 21 speeds because it has Shimano rear derailleur.
You can also shift gears and change speed very easily with SRAM twist shifters. Wheel size of Mongoose Impasse is 29 inches. So, it is very difficult to accelerate this bike because it is very heavy. However, big wheel size helps you to overcome even big obstacles very easily.
- Has great stopping power even in adverse weather;
- Smooth ride on normal trails;
- Good quality, but price is cheap;
3. Nashbar AT1 29er
Nashbar AT1 29er combines safety and performance and it is considered as one of the few stylish bikes in the market today. Nashbar AT1 is extremely affordable and it is ideal for first time riders because of its simplicity. Nashbar AT1 29er has sturdy aluminum frame.
Aluminum is a very strong material and it gives a firmer and more stable structure. Besides, aluminum is extremely long lasting, so it will definitely stand the test of time.
NashbarAT1 29er is equipped with 21 speed gear shifts from Shimano, so it gives gear speeds. Nashbar AT1 is rated as the fastest bike at 21 speeds.
Adjustable saddle is the other great feature of Nashbar AT1 29er. This is one of the few adjustable saddles available in the market. Wider surface area is helpful for accommodating people with different sizes comfortably.
Saddle has a thicker padding on the surface, which provides extra comfort when riding. You will also get a massage feeling at all times.
- Great wheel size (27.5 inches), which provides more comfort;
- Provides comfortable riding posture;
- Sturdy aluminum material makes the bike strong and durable;
- Front suspension forks provide comfortable ride even through rough terrains;
4. Mongoose Impasse HD 29” Men’s Mountain Bike
Mongoose Men’s Impasse HD is pretty good, which rides smooth and fast. Aesthetics of Impasse HD is top notch and it really looks sweet and sharp. Tires provide low rolling resistance when you ride on the street.
Fork of this bike is perfect for street, so it provides more flexibility to the riders. Slightly tweaked wheels, well presented seat and pedals, perfectly working handlebars and front tire, etc are the particular features of Mongoose Men’s Impasse HD.
- Sturdy aluminum frame for reliability and durability;
- Rear and front disc brakes for greater braking power;
- Alloy wheels with quick release front;
- High quality kickstand helps the bike keep upright;
- 21 speed Shimano Derailleur allows smooth changing of gears;
4. Schwinn High Timber,Matte Black, 29"
The frame of Schwinn High Timber is made from steel, so it is slightly heavier than aluminum. But, steel frame provides more durability to this bike. It can also resist rusting.
New technology of SR Sun tour suspension fork is used in this bike. So, it provides more comfort and you can control the bike in a better way while moving on rugged terrain.
Quick gear change is possible with SRAM Grip Shift with 21 speed Shimano rear derailleur. Alloy linear pull brakes enhance the stopping power, so it guarantees safety. Saddle can be released very quickly, so it is very convenient to adjust.
- Durable frame;
- Low price;
- Easy to adjust and assemble;
5. Kent Thruster T-29 29Er
Kent Thruster T-29 is constructed by using lightweight, yet very strong aluminum frame. Front shock is helpful for absorbing small bumps. Thruster T-29 is equipped with a reliable Shimano rear derailleur and RS25 Twist Shifter.
You can stop the bike safely because of rear brakes and linear pull front. Alloy rims are massive at 29” offering agility, lightweight, low resistance to rolling and better handling characteristics.
It can accommodate varying terrain with superb grip because of knobby tire sized at 29 inches. Kent Thruster T-29 has a suspension fork in front, regular brakes and shifters from Shimano.
- Sturdy frame fabricated from aluminum material, which has been treated to provide maximum durability;
- Durable derailleur and shifters are manufactured by Shimano for providing quiet gear changing operation;
- A 29” knobby tires provides perfect grip on any terrain;
- Massive 29” rims, lightweight yet controllable, agile, and efficient thereby provides low rolling resistance on any surface;
6. Titan #135 Glacier PRO Alloy Dual Suspension
Titan #135 Glacier PRO Alloy is more light weight, current and come with high quality and more complicated specifications. This hybrid frame motorbike contains steel and alloy elements.
Frame triangle of Titan #135 Glacier PRO is 100 percent alloy. The company has modified the crank arms and chain wheel to alloy. The handlebars are new and 100 percent alloy. This Twin suspension men’s bike comes with combined alloy and steel frame for weight savings and ruggedness.
7. Xspec 26” 21 Speed Folding Mountain Bike
Xspec 26” 21 Speed is a relatively unknown quantity within the community of folding bikes. Gorgeous styled Xspec enables riders to effortlessly transit from road to off-road trails.
Xspec is a fully functional folding bike that provides maximum leisure to the riders. It has ample amount of gear speeds, so it can cope beautifully on and off-road rides. Xspec comes with both rear and front shock absorbers.
The bike is able to reduce shock impacts effortlessly. Xspec 26” 21 Speed can be able to tackle the most difficult of terrains. Xspec has 26” wheels, which is perfect for traversing a city at high speed. You can also maintain stability at off-road too.
- Large and fast 26” wheels;
- Well-built bike with relatively good quality components;
- Excellent capacity for on- and off-road riding;
Lots of information are available regarding good mountain bikes here.This article will surely helpful for you to get a strong understanding regarding the best mountain bikes under 300 dollars and how to select the right one.
You can consider all these factors while purchasing the best hybrid bike under 300.
Even a few years back, same bike was used for downhill and cross country.
But today, mountain bikes have become incredible machines, which are built for particular riding styles.
If you want to get most out of your hard earned dollars,
you must have some understanding regarding the basics of mountain bike design.
So, information provided here will help you to select the best mountain bikes under 300 dollars.